ArtsWave Days brought to you by Macy’s
Join us in celebrating the arts!
ArtsWave Days, brought to you by Macy’s, is a showcase of exciting arts experiences that you make possible when you support ArtsWave. It takes tens of thousands of generous individuals and businesses coming together to fund Greater Cincinnati’s vibrant arts. Experience it firsthand!
It’s all free as part of the 2019 ArtsWave Community Campaign!
Here’s what what we have in store this year:
Destination West Side—February 9
- Help Madcap spin the tale of “Rumpelstiltskin” at their new Education Center with dance classes, crafts and mini-performances
- Channel your inner “country boy” with exclusive excerpts of “Almost Heaven” at the Covedale, plus actor talkbacks and a tour of the space
- End on a high note with big rig storytelling from the Opera Express at the Frisch’s Big Boy on Glenway
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Covedale Center for the Performing Arts
Frisch’s Big Boy on Glenway Ave.
Madcap Education Center
Freedom Celebration—February 23
- See what sets Cincinnati’s history apart with complimentary admission to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Explore the incredible stories and culture behind Black History Month as The Children’s Theatre stages “Martin’s Dream,” MYCincinnati presents works by composers of the African Diaspora, Cincinnati Black Theatre Company performs monologues from “For Colored Girls” and more
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Arts on the Hill—March 2
- Allons-y! “Bonjour and More” performances and activities from Flying Cloud Academy, Queen City Opera, Nrityarpana and more at Cincinnati Art Museum
- See the brand new “Paris 1900” exhibition on opening weekend at no charge
- End the day with a free preview performance of “Two Trains Running” at Playhouse
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cincinnati Art Museum
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
Hands-on Arts—March 30
- Your neighborhood, your arts — wherever you are, from Oxford to Northern Kentucky, the arts are coming to you at one of ten locations!
- Get your face painted before catching “Little Red Riding Hood” with Roundabout Opera for Kids or children’s musician Zak Morgan
- Workshops for Balinese dance, woodworking, world percussion, fiber art, manga drawing, shadow puppets and much, much more
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Clifton Cultural Arts Center
Contemporary Arts Center
Fairfield Community Arts Center
Fitton Center for the Performing Arts
Kennedy Heights Arts Center
Oxford Community Arts Center
Wyoming Fine Arts Center
Open Houses—April 6
- Explore the hidden depths of Music Hall and the Taft Museum of Art with complimentary guided, behind-the-scenes tours
- Music Hall’s resident arts groups and the leading artists of tomorrow will fill every corner with rehearsals, performances and hands-on arts
- Party at the Taft Museum with some of Cincy’s hottest dance groups, food trucks and musicians, including Lauren Eylise and TRIIIBE, while enjoying front lawn performances under the branches of “Twisted”
Noon to 4 p.m.
4 to 8 p.m.
Taft Museum of Art
Soul of the Arts—April 13
- A pair of grand finale concerts wrap up ArtsWave Days at the School for Creative and Performing Arts
- A one-night only showcase of electrifying jazz, R&B, gospel, modern dance and more
- 4 p.m.: Revolution Dance Theatre, Cincinnati Super Choir and Kentucky Symphony Orchestra
- 6 p.m.: MUSE, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company and Cincinnati Contemporary Jazz Orchestra
4-5:30 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.
School for Creative and Performing Arts
Find out what makes Greater Cincinnati’s arts so amazing!
Join us for ArtsWave Days, brought to you by Macy’s.