Dear Withrow University High School Parents and Students:
Cincinnati Public Schools has heard the concerns of Parents and Students and understands some families are not yet ready to send their student(s) back into the school building for in-person learning. Cincinnati Digital Academy (CDA) was originally the District's only option to stay remote.
However, we are now looking into how to make another model available at Withrow. Our Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) has finalized and is sharing that model with parents and students who wish to remain at home in remote/distance learning. Additionally, any student(s) that has/have enrolled in CDA and wants to re-enroll back to Withrow to participate in this Distance Learning option can do so at this time. Withrow's Distance Learning Model is as follows:
- Your student will participate online with their teachers through Google Meet or Schoology Conferences for ALL class bells and complete any/all assignments and/or activities as assigned
- Your student will log into each of their Teachers' Schoology pages EVERY DAY (Tuesday-Friday) to access their posted assignments.
- There will NOT be Google Meet and/or Schoology Conferencing with your student's Teachers, as they will be teaching students (in-person) in their classrooms during that time. Your student will be engaged in self-directed learning at home.
- Students MUST complete and submit all Schoology assignments and/or activities assigned by EACH of your Teachers.
- Students choosing this option will have to complete their Attendance Quiz for EACH class, EACH day! Failure to do so will result in students being marked absent. Chronic absences will result in referrals to our School Social Worker for truancy.
*** Any Parent/Student choosing this option who does not complete this Distance Learning Form Link will NOT be considered for this option and MUST report to in-person (face-to-face) learning in the building on your designated A Group or B Group days.
For any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through our Community Resource Coordinator, Nichelle Bolden, at (513) 363-9207.
We thank you for your continued support and commitment to our Withrow University High School learning community.
All the Best,